Have you had a bad experience with a letting agent in Kent, and it’s left you with a sour taste in your mouth? Do you know that you want someone to manage your property, but aren’t really impressed with what you’ve seen on the high street? We hear you! We’ve been there!
We’ve experienced how awful the mismanagement of a property can be, and how costly a letting agent’s mistakes can be. We not only want to ensure that we’re efficient and on top of our game, but that you will be surprised at what we do in addition to that.
Whether you’re buying a property for an investment, to provide income in retirement, or as a nest egg for the children, the last thing you need is to be hassled with leaky taps, broken down boilers or faulty wiring. At the same time, you need to know that your property is being looked after, and that you won’t suddenly be surprised with a long list of problems after a tenant moves out which will cost you hundreds or even thousands to sort out (not to mention the time spent doing it!)
We manage your property properly during the tenancy and communicate regularly with your tenant – if your property requires any maintenance work when the tenant vacates, the relevant tradesmen will be lined up to start the day after the tenants leave and a new tenant will be ready and waiting to move in as soon as the work is finished.
Void periods – no tenants and no rental income are not something we deal with at Carlean. Due to our exceptional management a tenant can vacate, the property can be fully redecorated, all maintenance issues dealt with, professionally cleaned and a new tenant moved in, all within 10 days.
As an extremely experienced (and passionate!) property management company in Kent, we only take on properties which are decorated and finished to the highest standards, and we match the tenant to suit. We spend a lot of time getting this right, it’s kinda what we’re best at.
It sounds cliché, but…
…we do treat all properties the same, whether it’s one of our own, or yours. Knowing that we really do care will provide you with the reassurance that you can hand over the management to a safe pair of hands. But don’t just take our word for it, here’s what one of our current landlords say:
Having not rented before and therefore unsure of all the requirements of being a landlord, my husband and I were made to feel at ease and assured by Carlean Property Management. Sue's professional approach and attention to detail made the whole process simple for us. Not only were we kept informed at every stage but Sue spent many extra hours ensuring that our property had that 'homely' touch going that extra mile to ensure that our tenants and ourselves were happy. Overall a very efficient service and highly recommended.
So what do we do?
You can use us to find a tenant, or for full management of your property. Our services include:
Tenant find service:
- A 1 hour no-obligation free on-site consultation to view your property and discuss your tenant preferences
- Advice on preparing your property for letting to ensure you receive the maximum rent and advise you of your legal requirements and obligations
This service includes:
- Our photographer will take photographs of your property highlighting its best features and produce a floor plan
- Preparation of the advertisement and listing it on all major property portals
- Inventory checks and updates and if you don’t have one we will arrange for one to be prepared
- Viewings with prospective tenants – at Carlean we are always happy for you to attend these viewing if you want to
- Our honest opinion on the tenants we have seen. It’s important to us that we find you the right tenant even if we are not managing the property. Once a suitable tenant has been selected we will carry out full referencing on them which includes identity checks, employment checks, previous landlord checks and a financial report – at Carlean we only take tenants who pass our credit check
- Preparation of the tenancy agreement
- Collection of the deposit, and if you want us to, we will protect it and hold it in our client account
- We will attend check-in and make sure your tenant is happy and settled
- Providing your tenant with your contact details and the bank details of where they should pay their rent going forward
- Advising all utility companies and the relevant council tax department
- Copies of all paperwork will be provided to you
Our tenant find fee is typically one month’s rent, plus any additional costs (e.g. obtaining the necessary certification, inventory or any maintenance work required prior to letting). All costs will be explained up front, so you won’t be surprised with any ‘hidden extras’.
- An initial consultation to discuss your requirements and to see whether Carlean is the right Kent property management company for you.
- Everything that is provided in the ‘tenant find’ service plus the following services
Additional ‘full management’ services:
- Management of your property by an award-winning landlord, who will look after your property as if it were her own and will respond to your tenants’ enquiries and deal with them in an effective and efficient manner. We are proud to say at Carlean we have never had a tenant leave due to poor management. We appreciate that this is your investment and the best way to make it a successful investment for you is to make sure that each tenant stays as long as possible
- Quarterly inspections of your property, from which a written report will be prepared, including photographic evidence and/or a video recording
- Regular Updates – We believe you should be informed of any issues raised by your tenants – and how Carlean has resolved them
- All maintenance work will be carried out by our team of experienced tradesmen, under our supervision
- No work will be undertaken without your agreement, unless it is an emergency and we are unable to contact you. We can agree with you beforehand for work to be done up to a set amount without agreement if you find that easier
- Your rent, minus our deductions, is transferred to your bank account within 48 hours of being credited to our account
If you are looking for some help to find an investment property to rent, you need Kent’s answer to Kirstie Allsopp. Sue Hainsby is that answer. She will use her wealth of experience to ensure you find somewhere which matches your needs and requirements.
The service includes a one hour no-obligation free consultation to review your requirements. We’ll discuss the area you’re looking for, property type, the amount you wish to pay, proximity to major roads, public transport, schools, shopping centres or leisure facilities, along with any additional requests, such as a garage or garden.
Then we’ll search for properties that match your criteria and prepare a short-list to view with you. We’ll advise you on the rental income potential and can also put you in touch with tradespeople to provide you with a quote if any refurbishment work is needed. Finally, if you wish to proceed with a purchase we can recommend mortgage advisors and are happy to be a part of the purchase negotiations.
Before you know it, you’ll have signed on the dotted line, and you’re a landlord!